Pages

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Wyo Tech 2010 visit

So over the summer Wyo Tech in Laramie, WY invited me out for a tour, they picked up the tab so it wasn't hard to say yes.  Below are just half on the pictures I got.  The place was just rad.  Of course I love the Street Rod and Custom Fabrication areas.  They just can do anything at this place.  But take a look at this stuff I tried to put captions on some of the pics.
My Goodie bag
this is some sort of Rock crawler 
More Goodies



Some sweet rail frame





This is a drag frame
see how they splice
 




Mechanics to the left

Mechanics to the right

a sweet little go kart
This is a working motor with all controls and both fuse boxes.  Complete diagnostics can be run on the and the Instructor can change any problem he wants.

Some nice body work being done
Killer BBQ!

I WANT!!

They had tons of projects cars all around, some were just unbelievable.


They used they fab skills to mold this hood from a piece of flat metal. I want a Iron Hammer and English Wheel so bad

Seam machines


They have a sick painting class.  This is your project!

More Hammers


Oh yes I will have one of these tanks, but the paint on mine won't be as nice.

This hood is so ridiculous.  The base is textured with a grinder, then a grinder was used again to put a textured flame pattern down, then a really nice fade and candy and clear. 

Their Diesel department is freakin' HUGE! 

More Diesel

2 comments:

  1. Why did I waist 4 years of my life learning how to be a machinist? And why did I ignore all their tv adds? That place looks so sick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I wanted to go just for their street rod and fabrication. But the place was just amazing. The rep I use said he's gonna try and get me another visit but to a different campus.

    ReplyDelete